Friday, August 28, 2009

My Wiki - Mrs. Gatto on books

Oh. my. god. I have been having sooo much fun creating my wiki! I created a homepage using Glogger which was super cool. The site has lots of free graphics and you can upload photos and videos of your own, as well. So much fun!

I changed my logo by uploading a digital picture that my husband took of me yesterday in my library chair. I did a video podcast of my daughter doing a booktalk and linked it to the homepage. I created a wiki page where students can add books they would like to see added to the library. I did a page of new books recently added to the collection. I have lots of ideas on what I can do in the future - book discussion pages, student video podcasts of booktalks and bookreviews, pathfinders for teachers, etc. My mind is swirling with all the possibilities!

Check out the wiki here!

I really like how the wiki has blog elements - you can keep an on line dialogue about what is going on in your classroom, library, life, etc. - but it also has the community aspect to it which rocks! Students, community members, can add their thoughts and ideas to create something totally new and exciting! I am looking forward to trying this out in my library this year!

1 comment:

RESA 23Things said...

You really are having way too much fun with all of this!

Seriously, I loved your wiki and the book talk was precious.