Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tag you're it

I am so excited to start using delicious to tag my online resources! I have had the exact experience outlined in the article we read where I thought I had bookmarked something on my work computer, only to find I must have bookmarked it at home. I think tagging sites and having those bookmarks available on the web is going to be very helpful to me. I use several different computers and instead of replicating my resources on all of them, I can use delicious to organize them all! I also like the idea of being able to easily share links with colleagues and friends. And discovering what others in my professional community have found as useful.

I can't wait to get started, but I am a little worried about assigning tags. It is important to choose tags that are going to be meaningful to me and also to others who may be interested in the same sorts of things. That is a lot of pressure! As with every other thing you put out there on the Internet, it is important to think about the impact of your words.

No comments: