Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bloglines, I love you

It's easy to feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there - how do you handle information overload and how do you think RSS might help with that?

One of my favorite parts about being a librarian is purchasing new books for my library. It isn't always possible, however, to read every single book that I buy for my collection so I spend a lot of time reading book reviews - both in print and online. Given the volume of books that are released yearly, just reading book reviews isn't going to cut it. What can I do to make sure that I don't miss out on some fabulous gem? Of course, I chat with my librarian friends, but I also spend several hours a week reading book blogs by librarians and teachers. In the past, I would visit each site individually using my bookmarks tab. This, as you might imagine, took a great deal of time. And not every blog I check in on updates daily so sometimes my efforts were a waste. I am so excited to add my regular online reading to my Bloglines page! To get all that info in a summary format is going to be so much easier!

1 comment:

Sara Delgado, PhD said...

I agree that this would be a great time saver for you! I am excited to have discovered bloglines, too.