Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Slideshare

I found this really great slideshow at Slideshare that embodies so much of what we have been doing in this class! I have embedded it here for you all to look at:

I liked exploring the site - there were a lot of neat presentations out there. I was thinking of creating a slideshow - using Google Documents, of course - for students on how to use the new library catalog. If I post it on Slideshare then lots of people could search for it and use it in their libraries, as well.

I could use Slideshare with students - they can create and post Powerpoint presentations that they do on classroom topics like the American Revolution or they could even do something like a Powerpoint booktalk for a title they read. And then we can upload them to Slideshare. I am wondering though - what to do about the email thing, students will need one to upload I am sure, and what about keeping slideshows private so only teachers, fellow students or parents can view them?

1 comment:

RESA 23Things said...

There are a number of options for making a slideshow private. See the FAQs at the bottom of the Slideshare site.