Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Goodreads

I played around with Goodreads - a terrific tool for organizing and sharing the books you read. I also noticed that there is an RSS feed option which I may swap out for the widget I created to show my visual bookshelf from Facebook.

I have so many books in various states - ones I want to read for fun, book club books, professional reading, books to read for the library, books I have read, books I want to read, the list is exhausting! Goodreads is a great way to keep all these different books organized. You can create different "bookshelves" for the titles you enter. They also making adding titles very easy - you can type in the ISBN, the title or the author's last name. You also have the option of rating the books with stars and writing reviews.

For those rare moments when I don't know what to read, there is also a "find books" option that contains lists generated by other users. You can also search by genre.

I signed up for Goodreads a while ago, but this class has inspired me to visit it again. I have been adding books that I read this summer and am working on organizing them into usable, meaningful "bookshelves."

No comments: